Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Beginning..........

I do realize that my blog is not really visually appealing.  I promise that I am a little more creative than this, however, I just can't get the hang of this Blogspot (Blogger).  I've used Wordpress in the past and I thought this would be easier.  So, be a little patient (or don't) while I'm figuring it out.

Then again, I AM A PROCRASTINATOR, so it could take me quite a while to get this thing looking decent.  But, things are going to change, right?

Cyndi's most common sayings -

  • I love that - I'm going to make it!
  • Look at how much that costs - I could make that!
  • I just need a couple things from Michaels, Joanne's, etc.
  • I've started collecting......................
  • I'm going to start sending out only hand-made cards.
  • I'm going to make all of my Christmas gifts this year.
  • So and so is having a baby.  I'm going to crochet a lovely blanket for her (then she ends up getting a tiny crocheted hat along with a purchased gift).
  • I'm getting bored with this, I'll just work on that for a while and come back to this.

I know myself so well, yet I really believe that every single time is going to be the time that I change.  C'mon Cyndi.

I'll bet that every one of you out there sits down at a nice clean work space with all of your supplies neatly placed in the order that they will be needed.  Then you begin carefully cutting, gluing, stamping, painting, glittering, knitting, crocheting, embroidering, dying, felting, embossing, sewing, and whatever else is involved, until your project is finished.  Then you probably take a picture of it immediately, make careful notes of the different results that were achieved with different dyes, pack away all of your scraps, labeling them for future works of art, then lovingly wrap the gift in homemade paper and ribbon, attach your stamped and embossed tag, then immediately run out to the post office to get it in the mail.

Why oh why can't that be me?????  Someday????


No comments:

Post a Comment