Saturday, April 28, 2012

Consignment Store Shopping Day!

My good friend is in town and when she's here we always hit Goodwill, yard sales, consignment stores, etc.  We started out this morning at an estate sale.  After digging thru china cabinets, shelves, tables, and cabinets all filled with Hummel's, I did find some little crocheted doilies that I plan to dye and use to make some lovely cards.

Next stop - Goodwill.  I found a picture frame that I plan to paint and turn into a jewelry holder, and a mirror, that I also plan to paint, and use in my bathroom. 








Then to Sandy's Consignment Shop where I found 2 chairs that I plan to paint and reupholster.  I have been looking for some cute chairs that I could paint white and cover with the perfect blue and yellow fabric to put in my bedroom.  The photo only shows one chair, but there are two.



Now my friend lives in St. Thomas and travels all over the world, but she buys her clothes at Goodwill and yard sales.  She finds the cutest, designer, things.  Today she found lots of pretty tops and a pair of leather, thigh high, boots.  I never find clothes at Goodwill.  I really try but I never find anything.  She tells her tales of Ann Taylor pants and Bebe Tops with the tags still on and I swear, all I see are faded t-shirts.

But, it was a fun day and I have several projects that I plan to work on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment