Thursday, November 14, 2013

Love that Paris Grey


I was busy today with Annie Sloan's chalk paint again.  Since the only color that I have right now is Paris Gray, I've have a lot of grey sitting in my art room right now.  I just placed an order for some Louis Blue, Old White, and Versailles from Robyn Storey Designs.  I hope that I get it tomorrow.

Here are a couple of my projects.


I started out with an old wooden jewelry box.  I did some taping to protect the felt and mirror.

Then, I put two coats of chalk paint on the exterior and as much of the interior that I could reach.


Using a sanding block, I sanded all of the edges, corners, and drawer pulls.  I used the wax brush to apply Annie Sloan Clear Wax over the entire piece, then wiped it off with a clean, soft cloth.

I'm pleased with the way it turned out.  I just listed it in my Etsy shop..

Next piece -

This shelf with paper towel holder was originally pink (actually, it was probably stained wood, then some other crafter painted it pink), then I added a couple coats of Paris Grey chalk paint.

I printed out this typography from The Graphics Fairy.  I put a piece of transfer paper under it and traced the letters onto the wood.  Using tiny brushes and black,acrylic paint, I filled in the letters.

I found these chickens on The Graphics Fairy site too.  I printed them, using my inkjet printer, cut them out with a razor knife, then glued them to the shelf with mat medium.  


I distressed the edges with sandpaper.   I still need to add a layer of clear wax.

Let's see, what else did I do today?

I've had a little train case for quite a while.  I painted it with chalk paint a couple months ago, bit wasn't quite sur what to do with it.  Since I was busy printing things from The Graphics Fairy, I found some other cute graphics, so I did a little decorating.
Obviously, I have a ways to with this little case.

I also painted a basket.  I plan to stencil a number on the top.

That about does it for today.  If I get my Annie Sloan paint in the mail tomorrow, I'll start some of the furniture pieces that I got last week.  I can't wait!

Peace,
Cyndi










No comments:

Post a Comment