Monday, February 16, 2015

Colorful Bird

 


I made this little piece a couple months ago.

I was, actually, making it as a Christmas gift for my mother.  She likes birds.  However, I don't think she's really that crazy about the style of my art, so I gave her a gift card instead.  
 
This technique is so easy.  I used the same technique for this one http://ceeceeart.blogspot.com/2014/02/10-of-29-faces.html
 
I covered the substrate with a decorative napkin, sealed it with gel medium, drew the bird using a stencil, then painted the rest with, watered down, white gesso.  I finished it off with some stamping and charcoal pencil around the bird.  That's it.
 
These would make cute cards.  Maybe I will try that next.  Although, I am always saying that I'm going to turn everything into cute cards. 
 
Peace!
Cyndi


No comments:

Post a Comment