Friday, February 13, 2015

Distressed Coffee Table with Graphics Fairy Design

Since I haven't posted in quite a while, I'll show you what I have managed to accomplish in the interim.

I bought this, little, table last year, along with several other pieces. 

Originally, brown stain, I brushed on two coats of Annie Sloan, Old White, Chalk Paint.

Then, I found the Hotel Perrine graphic at my favorite sight, The Graphics Fairy, made a copy on my copier, but couldn't get it large enough, so I made the copy at the copy store.

Unable to find my carbon transfer paper in black or dark blue, I had to use yellow.  It, of course, was very hard to see so I went over it with a pencil.

 

Then painted the letters with black acrylic paint.

 

I used a little sanding block to distress the edges, then applied a coat of Annie Sloan Clear Wax.  I ran out of wax, so the legs aren't finished.  This, of course, gives me an excuse to buy some new Annie Sloan colors with my wax order.

I'm pleased with the way it turned out.

My sister has gotten into the Annie Sloan paints.  I'll post some of her things in the future.  She's actually doing an entire dining set (way to big of a project for me).  She's also painted her bathroom cabinets and they look great!

Peace,
Cyndi

 


1 comment: