Monday, June 27, 2016

Creative Heart Monday - Dogwood Branches



Happy Creative Heart Monday!!


Today, we are using our Gel Press™ prints again to make pretty pink petals for dogwood flowers.  I have a dogwood tree in my yard.  Unfortunately, it blooms intermittantly.  We planted some bushes in front of it that block the sun and it's too big to move at this point.  So, I'm going to pretend (in this project) that this is what my flowers look like.

I used some acrylic paint and stencils for the background.  Then, made two Gel Press™ prints for my petals.  To make the prints, I used pink and white paint, a circle stencil, and a rubber trivet that I purchased at the Dollar Store.

Here we go.............



List of Supplies

8" X 8" canvas panel
Americana Craft Paints - Bahama Blue, Blue Peacock, Chiffon Blue, Titanium White, Carbon Black, Pink
DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics - Cerulean Blue, Quinacridone Magenta.
Golden Fluid Acrylics - Green Gold
Faber-Castell Pitt Pen - Black
Faber-Castell Big Brush Pen - Light Grey
Sakura Gellyroll Pen - White
Black Charcoal Pencil
Black Oil Pastel
Stencils - Donna Downey (Mini Numbers), Honeycomb, Crackled,
Rubber Trivet

Here are some close-ups of the Gel Press prints












Have a great Monday and a wonderful week.

PEACE!!

Cyndi

No comments:

Post a Comment