Monday, January 9, 2017

Creative Heart Monday - Acrylic Whimsical Face - "Woman"




Happy Creative Heart Monday!!

Today, I'm painting a whimsical face, but I'm using a new technique (new to me, at least).  I saw Christy Sobelewski use this technique in her, online, class - Painted Faces 2.  I can imagine so many uses for this.  It's very easy....just acrylic paint and dishwashing liquid.  But, you end up with a rainbow of colors.

I did have a little mishap while recording this video.  While applying the third layer to the hair, I knocked over the bottle and was unable to show the entire process on that layer.  However, it's exactly like the first two hair layers, so you're not missing anything pertinent.

Here we go............



Supplies

Strathmore Bristol Mixed Media Paper
Daler Rowney System 3-Titan Buff
Daler Rowney System 3-Flesh Tint
Daler Rowney System 3 Titanium White
Daler Rowney System 3-Neon Pink
Daler Rowney System 3 Cadmium Red Deep
Daler Rowney System 3 Cadmium Yellow
Daler Rowney System 3 Cyan Process Blue
DecoMedia Paynes Gray
DecoMedia Burnt Umber
Prismacolor Pencils
Winsor & Newton Masking Fluid
White Sakura Gellyroll Pen
Any kind of dishwashing liquid (dish soap)







Have a great Monday and a wonderful week.

Peace!

Cyndi

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love how you did the hair I've never seen that before it's amazing how the colors come through the paint like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love her, the colors and technique. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete