Monday, February 27, 2017

Creative Heart Monday - How to Make a Wooden Letter Box with Hot Glue and Stencils




Happy Creative Heart Monday!

A few years ago I found an old wooden letter box at Goodwill.  I, originally, painted it with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint and distressed it.  However, at some point, I removed it from the wall and it ended up in the back of the closet.  I happened upon it yesterday and thought it would be a good time to fix it up a little.  I've been painting lots of things in my art room with teal paint, so I slapped some on this, then used one of my favorite techniques......adding texture with hot glue.

Here we go...................



Supplies

Old wooden letter box
Sandpaper
Liquitex White Gesso
Acrylic Paint - I used Valspar House Paint in a teal color that I had mixed for another project.  You could use any acrylic paint that you have on hand.
Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
Black Faber Castel Pen
Inka Gold - Copper
Caran d'Ache Classic Neocolor II Water-Soluble Pastels
Floral #1 Stencil
Minwax Polycrylic Spray Sealer








I decided to add CeeCee Art to the box.  I think I'll use it to display my brochures at the art fair.

We have another Art Journal JAZZ video coming up this week!

Check out my new CeeCeeART Patreon Page for special videos and projects, exclusively, for CeeCeeART Patrons.

Have a great Monday and a wonderful week.

PEACE!

Cyndi

No comments:

Post a Comment