Saturday, March 25, 2017

Inspiration from the GREATS! - Henri Rousseau



Welcome to Inspiration from the GREATS!

This month we are being inspired by Henri Rousseau (May 21, 1844 – September 2, 1910) a French post-impressionist painter in the Naïve or Primitive manner. He was a toll collector.  He was self-taught and his work influenced several generations of avant garde artists.

I wasn't quite sure how I was going to do this piece.  I, finally, settled on Prismacolor pencils.  So, here we go..................





Supplies

11" X 15" Canson Watercolor paper
Watercolors
Prismacolor pencils
Graphite pencil for sketching







I would love to see your pieces inspired by Henri.  You can share them on our Inspiration from the GREATS Facebook Group.

Next month our great artist will be Frida Kahlo.

Also, please check out my CeeCeeART Patreon page.  I am doing step-by-step, real time, avideo lessons on projects that are, exclusively, for Patreon.

PEACE!

Cyndi



No comments:

Post a Comment