Thursday, November 1, 2012

The Look of Metal - Take Two

I tried the faux metal look again.  This time I used a small canvas for the substrate.  I added small plastic scrapbooking decorations and  lightweight, wooden cross ornament.


 I started out just like last time, but when I got to the point of adding the tin foil, I changed my mind.  The foil just wasn't working out because the cross was  little thick, making it difficult for the foil to cover without ripping.  So, I decided to paint the entire piece with bronze metallic craft paint.  When it  dried, I brushed on Asphalt Driveway Crack Filler.  I added a little water to the asphalt to make it thinner  Surprisingly, the asphalt dries in about 10 minutes.  I put a little turpentine on a paper towel and rubbed it over the piece removing part of the asphalt, exposing the bronze underneath.  I like it.  I plan to brush on a clear sealer before hanging it on the wall.



No comments:

Post a Comment