Friday, October 23, 2015

Another "Love" Painting



Yeah, yeah, yeah.....I know......another heart.....another touching sentiment, but I can't help myself.  I found this heart stencil buried in a pile of stencils that I haven't used in a while and just had to do something with it.

I watched Shawn Petite's Sunday Inspiration and I loved her background, so I wanted to give it a try. First, I painted an 8"X 8" wooden panel with black Liquitex paint.



Then, using an old gift card, I dragged white paint, randomly across the piece.



Next, I used Golden Matte Medium to adhere various book pages, sheet music, and number stickers.



Using the gift card again, I dragged blue craft paint across and dried it with the heat gun,


After the blue, I forgot to keep taking pictures, but this is what I did:


  • dragged green paint across
  • dried with heat gun
  • dragged off white paint across
  • dried with heat gun
  • painted entire piece with raw umber
  • wiped most of umber paint off with a wet wipe, creating an aged look.
  • Mixed a tiny bit of black into the raw umber paint and stenciled the heart
  • Dried it.
  • Painted over the stenciled heart with Quinacridone Magenta and Quinacridone Red.
  • Dried it.
  • Brushed DecoArt Media Crackle Glaze over the heart.
  • Let it dry naturally, creating a crackle effect.
  • Stamped words on book pages, cut them out, rubbed edges with Ranger Archival Ink pad.
  • Adhered words with Matte Medium
  • Used charcoal pencil to outline and shade the heart, words, and edges of canvas.




This is the first time that I've ever used the DecoArt Media Crackle Glaze.  I loved it!  I think that I will be crackling a great deal in the future.  Here's a close up.


So, remember "a loving heart is the truest wisdom"!!!!!

Peace.

Cyndi

No comments:

Post a Comment