Monday, October 26, 2015

Trust, Grace, Beauty and Home











Last night I worked on this set of four, little paintings.  I used the same background technique that I used for the "Love" painting a few days ago.

This time I applied the DecoArt Media Crackle Glaze directly on top of the background, before adding the flowers and words.  I didn't brush it over the entire canvas.  I just, randomly, applied it in small patches.  I like the look.  I'll probably be crackling everything for awhile.

Due to my neurotic fear of stamping directly onto an, almost, finished piece (I really need to get a grip on this), I stamped the words on tracing paper, then applied them to the canvas with Goldens Matte Medium.  The transfer paper becomes invisible.  Most people use deli paper to do this, but..........we have a deli paper shortage here in north Florida so Cyndi has to use tablets of tracing paper.  If I ever find some deli paper, I'm going to buy a truckload of it.  I'm not embarrassed to admit that I once coerced about 30 sheets from my local convenience store.  Ok.....enough about my deli paper issues.

Here's a close up of the crackling.  The photos are kind of blurry, but trust me, it looks fabulous!



After I added the crackles, I brushed Umber paint over the entire canvas and rubbed it off with a Wet Wipe, so the dark paint stayed in all of the cracks.

I'm going to list these on Etsy now.

Peace!

Cyndi

No comments:

Post a Comment