Wednesday, November 4, 2015

What To Do, When You Don't Know What To Do!

It's one of those days.  I want to create some art, but haven't any idea what I want to do.  So... I'm doing a little bit of everything.  Hopefully, I'll end up with a finished piece of something.

This happens to me quite frequently.  I want to get my hands dirty, but my mind is blank.  I am an avid art tutorial watcher, so I'm bombarded with techniques that I want to try, but with so many jumbled ideas, I just don't know where to start.  I think it's like that in every aspect of life.  A person has so many things to do......become's so overwhelmed.....piddles (is that a real word?) a little bit with a lot of things.....and, just ends up more frustrated.  It becomes so easy to put things off until tomorrow.  One of my husband's favorite things to say is "let's get this behind us".  Whether it's running an errand, taking out the trash, or making a phone call that you don't want to make......it's always "let's get this behind us".  There's, definitely, something to be said for that "Just Do It" attitude.  Of course, it does sort of conflict with "Being in the Moment".

So, as far as my relationship with art goes, it's a little bit of both.  I love the process, but I also love looking at my, finished, piece.

This is what I have so far:




Shawn Petite used a heart made out of molding paste in this weeks, Sunday Inspiration.  I also took her Texture workshop a few weeks ago.  I used a palette knife to shape these little hearts out of Golden's Hard Molding Paste.  I, also, wanted to make some out of regular joint compound to see if one was better than the other, because joint compound, from the hardware, is much, much cheaper. Of course, I couldn't find my, gigantic, tub of joint compound, so I'll have to do my comparison another day.  These hearts will take about 24 hours to dry, so I won't be doing anything with them today.  I hope to paint them and use them on a canvas.......if they don't crack.  In the last photo, you can see that I pushed a couple, little, charms into the hearts.





In the three photos, above, I'm working on a background.  I don't know what I'm going to add next, but I do know that I'm going to use the word "Redemption" somewhere in the piece.  You hear the word "redemption" used with regard to all types of matters.  But, what does it really mean?  (more on this to follow.........when the piece is finished!)


And, here we have your basic drippage.  I'm not a big "dripper".  Many of my favorite artists are. But, I'm going to try some dripping today and we'll see where it goes.


Last, but not least.....I have to do something with this catastrophy.  I started a little Shawn-esqe painting a few weeks ago.  I became frustrated and quit.  Thank God that there is always more paint. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could just paint over all of the mistakes or things that we don't like in our lives. (I guess that, metaphorically, we can).

Alright, that's where I am today.  I think that my background and "drippage" should be dry so it's back to work for Cyndi!

Peace!

Cyndi

No comments:

Post a Comment