Monday, January 25, 2016

Creative Heart Monday - Gelli Print Houses


Happy Monday to all of you Creative Hearts out there!





I love to do little houses with my gelli print papers.  I've created and sold several of these....but, I've never filmed the process....until now.  The possibilities are endless, once you get going.  You can make them funky (my personal preference), or realistic.  You can do a quaint little street, one house, or a cityscape.







List of Supplies:

10" X 10" canvas
Bob Ross Black Gesso
Dylusions Alcohol Ink Sprays - Bubblegum Pink, Squeezed Orange, Pure Sunshine, Vibrant Turquoise, London Blue, Cut Grass, Crushed Grape
Liquitex White Gesso
Liquitex Matte Medium
Golden Fluid Acrylics - Green Gold, Quinacridone Magenta
Americana - Carousel Pink
Apple Barrel craft paint - Neon Purple
Liquitex Basics - Cadmium Orange Hue
Black Pigma Micron Pen
White Gellyroll Pen
Black Charcoal Pencil
Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Black
Various stamps and stencils (some of the stamps for background were handmade)
Grumbacher Final Fixative (sprayed at end to seal in charcoal pencil)



Another thing that I meant to mention in the video is that, even though I made this one on a regular canvas (because that's all I had available at the time), I, actually, prefer to use a wooden panel.  The canvas worked fine.  However, a wooden panel makes it much easier for stamping.  The canvas has a little "give" in it, making it difficult to use larger stamps.  Of course, you could also do the same thing on a good quality piece of paper or in your art journal.  Or, as I did a few months ago, you can use the same process to make a 3D house.


Here are links to some of my other gelli print houses:


If you have a question about this video or, absolutely, anything else, feel free to ask in the comments or send me an email.  This piece is For Sale on Etsy!

I hope that all of you have a wonderful Monday.......and, if you haven't already, SUBSCRIBE to Creative Heart Monday!

Peace!

Cyndi



No comments:

Post a Comment