Monday, February 1, 2016

Creative Heart Monday "Mixed Media....Audrey?"


Happy Monday Everyone!!

Today, I've created another face.....a turned face.  I've been working on my 3/4 faces.  This one is more like a 7/8 face (maybe not....fractions have never been my strong suit).






I started with a colorful background.  Just playing around with various stencils, mark-making tools and colors. Then I used a stencil that I bought online from Gary Reef, a very talented artist.  He sent it to me online and I cut it out myself on a plastic file folder.  I've used this stencil many times with various mediums.  I'm pretty sure that it's Audrey Hepburn....but I just used the general shape and painted my own face with acrylic paint and Prismacolor pencils.  If you are interested in wonderful "face painting info", check out Jane Davenport.  She does the most beautiful faces.  I purchased one of her DVD's a few years ago and it was wonderful.  All of a sudden, I could paint a face!  Now that I'm thinking about it, I think the first encounter with her art was a $1.99 video that I downloaded from Interweave, where she did a face over a decorative napkin.  (and yes, I did one too, see bottom)


For all of you, gelli plate, enthusiasts out there, this could have been created using a gelli print for the background.  I've done that before.  Actually, I mean't to do it this time.....then forgot.


List of Supplies:

Strathmore Bristol Paper
Golden Fluid Acrylics - Turqoise (Phyalo), Quinacridone Magenta, Carbon Black
Americana Paint - Citron Green, Carousel Pink
Liquitex - Cadmium Orange Hue
Liquitex White Gesso
Prismacolor Pencils - various colors
Pigma Micron Black Pen
White Gellyroll Pen
Montana Paint Pen - White
Black Charcoal Pencil
Various Stencils for background
Catalyst Scraper for markmaking






My "napkin" face from a few years ago. I still have this piece and I have always referred to it as "Butthead".  It does look like she has a butt on her head, doesn't it??


Have a wonderful Monday!!

Peace!

Cyndi

No comments:

Post a Comment