Monday, March 14, 2016

Creative Heart Monday - Catch The Wind



Happy Creative Heart Monday!!

I've been making a lot of prints on my Gel Press plate, so this is a very colorful piece.  I've also seen quite a few wings, birds, and butterflies, recently....so, I figured I would get in on this.





List of Supplies

8" X 8" wooden panel
Scrap pieces of Gel Press prints
White Liquitex Gesso
Master's Touch Acrylic - Olive Green, Light Purple (I labeled these paints incorrectly on video, oops)
Liquitex Matte Gel (for attaching the butterfly)
Decou-Page
Pigma Micron Pen - Black
Sakura Gellyroll Pen - White
Tim Holtz Rub-Ons
Black Charcoal pencil
Book pages
Ranger Archival Ink - Black
Alphabet Stamps

Note:  In case it wasn't clear in the video.  To make the butterfly, I printed a picture from the computer onto a piece of cardstock.  I covered the back of the cardstock with the prints, then cut it out from the other side.

I was, originally, going to use the words "Fly Away" on this piece.  Then, while I was making it I heard, Donovan's song "Catch the Wind" playing during the credits of a TV show.  I thought "how perfect!"  It just goes to show that you never know where inspiration will pop up.

Have a great Monday and a wonderful week!

PEACE!!

Cyndi

No comments:

Post a Comment