Tuesday, January 22, 2013

My Art Journal

I've been meaning to start an art journal for a long time.  So I actually worked on my first page.

You know it's funny.  All of my llife I have worked with numbers.  Right out of high school, I went to work at a bank, then moved into real estate for 25 years.  I did a short stint as a mortgage broker and an insurance agent before I stopped working full time.  A couple months ago, I left the part-time bookkeeping job that I've had for the past 2 1/2 years.  It's always been NUMBERS!!

Even though I've been surrounded by closing statements and spreadsheets most of my life, I have always dreamed of a more artistic life.  So, it's time for a change.  I'm trying to create something (no matter how simple or small) every day.  I have found, however, that I'm much more comfortable with more linear or geometric designs (it's that "numbers" thing again), but I'm pushing myself to be more free with it.

Here's the front and back of a folder that I made to hold my pieces of art.  I got the idea for this from Mary Ann Moss at dispatchfromla.typepad.com.  I've tried stenciling a few times and I stumbled upon this blog.  She offers an online course in stenciling.  The first thing that she has you do is make one of these files for your work.  Here's the link to the stencilry class:  http://dispatchfromla.typepad.com/dispatch_from_la/online-class-information-for-pure-experimentation-stencilry-.html



 And then, I had to get my fix by drawing some lines:
I'm kind of proud of my cute little leaves!



No comments:

Post a Comment