Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Updated Mirrors

I've been spending a lot of time lately, looking around for things that I can make better.

I found two square mirrors.  They were just kind of blah.  I thought if they were blue, they could add a pretty pop of color in a bedroom or bath.  This is what I did:

1.  Sanded the frames.
2.  Covered the mirror with newspaper and blue "painters" tape. I also covered the gold trim around each
     mirror because I wanted to keep that gold.
3.  Primed the surface with grey, acrylic primer.
4.  After primer was completely dry, sprayed a light coat of Krylon Ocean Blue acrylic paint.  Tip:  When
     spraying, keep the can moving from side to side to prevent runs.
5.  Painted 2 more coats of blue, making sure that paint was completely dry in between coats.
6.  Sprayed one coat of Krylon clear acrylic gloss.
7.  Carefully, removed tape and newspaper.
8.  Ta Dah!




No comments:

Post a Comment