Saturday, April 6, 2013

ZATISSE - A little Zentangle, a little Matisse

I found the Modern Master Challenge on Art Journaling,  I found it a little too late  They were doing Matisse in February.  However, I thought I would take a look at some of his paintings and find out a little bit about the guy.

He was pretty interesting.  He hung out with Gertrude Stein, Picasso, the Cone sisters (who were very interesting - I might write a post about them someday) and other artists and collectors,

Matisse was a painter, printmaker, and sculptor.  In 1941 he had surgery and remained in a wheelchair afterwards. With the help of an assistant, he started creating collage-type work.  He called it gouaches découpés.  He brushed gouache onto paper, cut it in pieces and  attached it to other paper.  His works were large in scale.  During this period he created the Blue Nudes, which are probably some of his most recognizable pieces.

So here is my tribute to Matisse.  I zentangled one of his nudes.


The Real Blue Nude

No comments:

Post a Comment