Saturday, May 11, 2013

Such a Pretty Girl Collage

I wanted to make a little plaque.  Here's my step-by-step process.

First a painted a wooden plaque with gesso.  You can get these little plaques in different sizes and shapes at Michaels for a dollar or two.


I ripped up some decorative paper.





I glued the paper to the surface with matte medium.




It's hard to  see in this next picture, but I painted around the edges of the paper with Golden Fluid Acrylic in Titan Buff.  It just sort of blends the papers together to give it kind of an aged look.  I use Titan Buff A LOT when I paint.


Next, I started spraying and stamping.  I used Dylusions Spray inks.  The Tim Holz Distress Paint Dabber bottles are great.  I used them with the stencils.  The arrow-type stamp at the bottom is one that I made out of adhesive foam sheets.  One of these days, I'll take pictures of all the stamps that I have made out of foam.





I kept working on the background, adding a lot more ink, then I started on the girl.  In Suzi Blu style, I drew the face on a sheet of regular paper, then shaded it with Prismacolor Colored Pencils.  I cut the dress pieces out of decorative, scrapbook paper, and attached paper arms.  I glued the girl to the background with matte medium.  I sculpted the hair with Golden Molding Paste.  I wrote the words with a Micron marker on regular white paper, cut them out, rubbed black ink around the edges, and glued them with matte medium.


After allowing the hair to completely dry overnight, I used craft paint in brown and glittery gold to paint the hair.  I added some ornaments in the hair and on the dress, painted gold around the edge of the plaque and VOILA, finished!!




This is a great book if you want to learn how to draw faces.  I had never drawn a face before I got it.

2 comments:

  1. I can't draw faces either. I guess I should check out that book! Your pages are awesome. Love that hair on your girl!

    ReplyDelete