Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Citra Solv - You can actually use it for cleaning too!

I had never heard of Cita Solv prior to seeing a tutorial on Youtube.  There are so many articles and tutorials about using Citra Solv as a tool for creating some really beautiful art.

I had a hard time finding the right kind of Citra Solv at first.  I finally ordered it online.  I have spent hours pouring and brushing it on National Geographic magazines to alter the photos, turning them into beautiful papers that can be used for collage and other techniques.

A few days ago, I decided to tear my bedroom apart because I had seen 2 spiders and I thought a major cleaning might help.  Did I mention that I HATE spiders?  Anyway, behind my nightstand, I found some kind of disgusting, sticky mess - obviously the remains of something that I spilled a long time ago.  I tried the OxyClean spray, nothing.  I tried to scrape it off and it was so hard that it wouldn't budge.  I was going to go with the, majorly, toxic Goof Off next, but then - wait a minute - Citra Solv practically eats thru paper, maybe I should try it.  I barely touched it and it came right off.  That product is a miracle!  I went through my house like the white tornado.  The stuff smells great.

Who would have thought that you could actually use the product for it's original purpose.

and make art....................................

No comments:

Post a Comment