Wednesday, September 11, 2013

I Cried at the Honey Boo Boo Wedding

Alright, I've officially lost my mind.  For those of you who are not familiar with Honey Boo Boo, tonight was the June's wedding.  June is Alana's (Honey Boo Boo's) mother.  Sugar Bear is her father.  June's first three girls Anna, Pumpkin, and Chubbs (I'm not kidding) were from a previous marriage, but evidently June and Sugar Bear have been together nine years, so he has been like a father to these girls.  They didn't actually get married because June says that she will never marry again, but she did agree to a "commitment ceremony".

Now, weddings are a mainstay of reality TV.  You rarely ever get through a season of any reality show without a big, million dollar, wedding.  I, certainly, have never cried at any of these weddings.  But, when I saw Junes' daughters walking down the aisle in their pink and orange dresses, and Sugar Bear crying like a baby, I just lost it.  Actually, my eyes started watering when the dog came down the aisle first in his little pink jacket.

I've said this before and I really believe it - These rednecks are the most real people on TV.  They do not care about what anyone thinks.  People always say that they don't care what anyone else thinks, but the fact is, that most people do care (perhaps, too much).  So many people live their lives like they are in a movie -  creating drama where there isn't any - being envious of other people - living in a constant state of competition.  And...that's why I love Honey Boo Boo.


Did I mention that the wedding crystal was actually stemmed, mason jars????

No comments:

Post a Comment