Sunday, December 29, 2013

Merry Christmas to Me!

I received the most wonderful present from my parents.  Last year my father built easels for me and my sister.  Again, this year, we received identical gifts.  Not that we are prone to argue with other, however, I think they figure that they are safer giving us the same thing.

I have always wanted a table made out of a Singer sewing machine base.  These are from 1915, I think.  Of course, they didn't look like this when my dad bought them.  He painted them, carefully, recreating the original gold accents.  He topped them off with tempered, smoked, glass with beveled corners.

This one is mine and it's a little bit better than the other one.  LOL.



I can't wait to see what we get next year!  I'm going to start sending him little ideas from Pinterest.

Peace,
Cyndi 




No comments:

Post a Comment