Friday, February 13, 2015

Distressed "Paris" Dining Table

I love the distressed tables that I've seen on Graphic's Fairy and Pinterest, so I was very happy when I found an old, pedestal, table that turned out to be perfect for this project.

The table was solid wood with a very dark stain.  As anyone with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint experience knows, there isn't any need for sanding....just slap the paint on.  Actually, for the first time ever, I let my husband do the "slapping" of the paint.  He's much faster and neater than I am. 

We applied two coats.  It dries very fast.  I used sand paper for the "distressing".  As I've learned in many Youtube videos, you sand the edges and corners so that it looks like it has been, naturally, abused over the years.

I found the "Paris Wreath" graphic on Graphic's Fairy, of course, then had it enlarged at the copy store.  It was transferred to the table with carbon paper, then I used acrylic paint and a very tiny brush.







After the design was completely dry, I sealed the entire table with Annie Sloan Clear Wax.

Have a wonderful day!!

Peace,
Cyndi

No comments:

Post a Comment