Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Little Dylusions Alcohol Ink Piece




Yes...I'm still into the flowers.  I've always loved watching Dyan Reaveley create her art.  First of all, I love the red hair and tattoos.  She's also really fast.   I picked up my first Dylusions Journal recently (had to use that 50% off Michaels coupon).  I bought the smaller one.  They are great because they have 48 pages of cardstock-like paper, a little envelope attached to the inside cover, and the exterior is sort of like hard craft paper that can be painted, ink sprayed, etc.

The, above, piece is what I created and this is how I did it.

Sprayed entire page with water

Sprayed Dylusions Ink in pools around the page.  I used Squeezed Orange, Bubblegum Pink, and a little Crushed Grape.  It's very, very wet.  I blotted it by rolling a roll of paper towels over it.  *I'll tell you later about the Bubblegum Pink

I placed stencils, one at a time on the page and sprayed water over them, then wiped with a roll of paper towels.  This creates a "ghosting effect.

Sprayed some more ink thru stencils around the page.  Blotted with paper towel roll.

Stamped flowers and leaves in various places.  I used Dyan Reaveley stamps.

Colored the leaves and flower petals with Copic Markers.  Dyan uses her ink in water brushes to do her coloring.  I only have two water brushes.  I was afraid of ruining  them because I like to use them for watercolor.  The Copics worked fine.  However, when I have some money to burn, I'd like to get a dozen, or so, water brushes and fill them with all of the ink colors.

I used a glitter gel pen for the tiny blue parts on the flower petals.  My favorite glitter pens are actually from the Dollar Store.  I can't believe it.  They don't even have a brand name on them, but they are very glittery.

Added some white around the leaves and petal centers using a Sakura pen.

Drew the stems with a, black, Faber-Castell pen.

Stamped the word "Grow" on a piece of cardstock, attached it with a glue stick, and scribbled some lines around it with my black pen.  I usually use gel medium to glue everything.....but, it occurred to me that because the alcohol inks are re-activated by just about anything, that I might end up with a smeary mess.

Here's a good Dyan Reaveley video to watch to see how she does it.https://youtu.be/EsMFW4rJ2QY

*Oh yes, about the Bubblegum Pink Ink Spray.  I was down to the very bottom of the bottle.  I couldn't get anything out, so I added about 1/8 inch of water, swirled it around, and Voila, I had spray.  It's not as bright as the un-diluted spray, but it works when you can't get to the store and just have to have some.


That's it.

Peace!

Cyndi



No comments:

Post a Comment