Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Gel Press™ Jewelry!!




I'm always looking for something else to do with my Gel Press™ plate.  Today, I worked on some quick prints for jewelry.  I went through a jewelry-making phase about 4 years.  I spent a lot of time at the bead store.  Then, I gave it up and gave most of my jewelry-making supplies to my sister.  But, today I felt urge!!

I started out by making two Gel Press™ prints on my 5" X 7" plate.  It only takes a little bit of paper and I'm going to cut it up into tiny pieces, so the prints are very random.



 Jewelry parts from the craft store - earrings and a pendant.
      


 Miscellaneous stencils and stamps.

Get your Gel Press™ Plate and brayer ready!

A couple small dabs of light purple and magenta (the colors in the photo aren't very accurate)



 Spread the paint out with the brayer.


I used sheet music for the gel prints.  Just place the paper on top of the painted plate, rub, rub, rub, and lift!!


Then a little off white and light blue on the plate.


 Brayer it out, then I used a foam stamp to pull some of the paint off.




Then, put the purple/magenta print back on the plate and pulled the second layer.


 Now for the base of the second print........................

A dab of blue and citron green paint.


 Brayer it out.


 Pull the gel print!


A little orange and pink back on the plate.

Brayer it out.


Added a couple stencils on top of the paint.

and, pulled the print on top of the blue/green gel print.


So, now I have these two Gel Press™ prints!



Next, I started stamping and doodling, randomly, on both prints until I felt that there were some interesting areas.  Remember, we are going to cut out little pieces for the jewelry.



To finish, I just cut out some areas that I liked, using the jewelry pieces as a template.  I used regular glue to adhere the gel print pieces to the jewelry.

For the earrings, I waited a while for the glue to dry, then covered them with the clear, adhesive pieces that came with the earring pieces.  I added my own earring wires (they were not included in the package).


(this pair needs some wires)


For the pendant, I added "Live Simply" with rub-ons before I cut it out.  Then, after waiting for the glue to dry, I covered the paper with Inkssentials Glossy Accents.  This pendant did not come with it's own cover.  the Glossy Accents provides a nice, shiny finish and seals the paper.  I'll probably hang this piece on a cord.


That's it!!!  It looks like a lot of steps, but it's really easy and the possibilites are endless.  Here are some pix of other pieces that I've made.







PEACE!!

Cyndi

Check out my YouTube Channel for lots of art and how-to videos!!



No comments:

Post a Comment