Saturday, August 31, 2013

Little Blue Typewriter

I just love those little Smith-Corona typewriters from the 60's and 70's, that  are pink, blue, yellow, mint green, etc.  I'm always looking for them.  Of course, so is everyone else.  That's why, even at a yard sale, people want a small fortune for them.

My father is an avid collector of antiques.  He is such a collector that he had to construct a special building to house his treasures.  Yesterday, while visiting, he gave me a little, beige, typewriter.  It wasn't old enough to be of interest to him so, even though it's not a Smith Corona, he asked if I wanted it.  I never say no to FREE.

Today, it occurred to me to paint it.  I popped the cover off, taped up the 2 labels on top, and sprayed it with some Valspar Interior/Exterior Gloss.  Ta da!!!!  It's not a cute, little Smith Corona, but it is a cute little blue typewriter.  I like it.  (Actually, I don't like the red button.  I think I'll paint it white)
 
Here are some of my Dad's collections.
 
Vintage cash register - circa 1920 or so.
 
An assortment of irons
 
A old, portable, Singer sewing machine
 
Lots of typewriters
 
Record Player
 
Old typewriter
 
One of these days I'm going to take some better photos of his collection.  There's some really beautiful things in there.
 
Peace,
Cyndi

No comments:

Post a Comment