Sunday, December 13, 2015

Gelli Print Birds

Those of us who enjoy using our Gelli Plates know that it's very easy to accumulate an enormous pile of them very quickly.  So, what to do....what to do.....make some birds, of course.


(Excuse the photos.  They are actually much more colorful.)


I started out by attaching the, cut up, gelli prints to a 10" X 10" canvas with Liquitex Matte Medium.


I used the Donna Downey Mini Numbers Repeat stencil and latch hook rug mesh with black paint, randomly, around the canvas.



Then, using a white charcoal pencil, I sketched my birds.

I painted around the birds with Pool Blue craft paint.

More stencilling with Donna Downey Scribble Script, a chickenwire type stencil, bubble wrap and a rubber stamp to create more background texture.

I outlined the birds with a Stabilo All pencil, then went over it with a water brush.  Painted the eyes with gesso and pool blue.  Shaded with a charcoal pencil. Then painted the edges of the canvas with black paint and ran a line of black charcoal to define the edges.



This is a quick and easy project.  I'd like to try some different animals.

Peace,

Cyndi

No comments:

Post a Comment