Saturday, December 12, 2015

My New York City Trip!

My sister and I had a four-day girls vacay last week.  We had so much fun.  I hadn't been there in, at least, ten years and my sister had never been.  Lots of shopping and lots of eating.

We had a wonderful brunch at Anthony Bourdein's restaurant, Les Halles.  We toured the 911 Museum.  I can't even think of a word to describe the feeling that comes over a person in there.  We went up in the Statue of Liberty and we were both very proud of ourselves because we took the stairs, not the elevator.  We strolled around Central Park, Watched the skaters and saw the Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center.  I would have loved to visit the MOMA, but we just didn't have the time.  We did, however, go into the MOMA gift shop.

My sister loves Good Morning America, so we were determined to get on TV (actually, she was determined to be on TV, my plan was to hide from the camera.)  But, when the cast of my (second) favorite show came out, Downton Abbey, I ended up coming out of hiding and cheering like a 1960"s teenager at a Beatles concert.  We got down to Times Square at 6:00 AM to make sure that we were in the front. That's me in the black hat next to the tree and my, beautiful, sister in the leopard hat.  As you can see, she took a selfie with Robin Roberts.



Some cool art, painted on doorways in Little Italy



Me, trying to be artsy.



Oh, I almost forgot.  I went into an actual Dick Blick store.  I've purchased art supplies online from them for years, but I've never seen an actual "brick and morter" store.  It was heaven.  I did buy a Catalyst wedge thingy and some Golden paint.  The Golden paint was on sale and it never goes on sale at the craft stores here.

We have decided to make this an annual Christmas present to ourselves.  I've told people for years that I believe that I lived in Manhattan in another life.  I just love it and can't wait for next year.


Peace!

Cyndi

No comments:

Post a Comment