Monday, July 13, 2015

Remember Cash Registers?



I have quite a few talented people in my family.  My husband plays guitar, drums, and harmonica. (he also knows every song ever written).  My sister is a wonderful painter and has refinished some beautiful pieces of furniture.  My mother crochets adorable little blankets and hats.  This post, however, is about my father.  He's always had a knack for building and fixing things. This is probably why I've always had the belief, unrealistic as it may be, that all men can fix any problem, whether it's a clogged toilet, re-building a car engine, or constructing a house from the ground up.

When my Dad retired, he began a compulsive search for antiques that he could restore to their original beauty........and he's quite good at it!  Some of my favorites are his camera collection, typewriters, and telephones.

He also has some beautiful cash registers.  He buys them in terrible condition and creates works of art.  Here are a few of them.



This is my favorite.  He chose the Harley Davidson motif in honor of my husband's love of Harleys.


Obviously, not a cash register, but you have to admit, this is a very cool water fountain.


Keep up the good work Dad!

Peace!

Cyndi

1 comment:

  1. It is a very good blog, Compare Epos Systems and found it be really helpful information of EPOS System.nice post.

    ReplyDelete